11/07/2010

Time to get doodling...

I've just spent the most lovely weekend with friends watching fireworks, drinking Baileys, playing guitar and baking cakes.

Last night, three of my gorgeous friends and I had a bit of a dinner party.
We decided that since Bonfire night is over, it's now officially OK to be excited for Christmas, so my housemate Liz and I made a big meal of pumpkin soup, mulled wine and gooey (charred - not burned) chocolate cake! And though I say so myself, it was rather lovely. Largely down to the company. I adore good food shared with good friends.

So anyway, one of these friends is wanting to get a new tattoo... and after seeing my recent success as a tattoo artist (...kinda) she's asked me to design her a pretty little something to go on her hip!

I'm VERY excited.

I may do a little something for myself too... though I still can't decide if I'm brave enough to get a tattoo!

As for my home-made Christmas plan, I now have lots of pretty teacups that I'm planning on turning into candles and pin cushions and containers for home made sweeties... but I'm still waiting to have an old sewing machine donated to me for some slightly more daring projects. Watch this space...

I love winter this year.

And toffee apples... I LOVE toffee apples.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to see some of your creations, Nikki. I hope for a sneak peek :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH...exciting, can't wait to see your creation my love. x

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...