1/08/2011

It's a new year...

...and it feels like it's going to be a good one =)

After a Christmas spent with my family, New Year (and my 21st...and my very best friend Olivia's 21st) was spent in a rented lodge with some wonderful friends.
It was a weekend of relaxing, popping lots of sparkling wine, gathering round a bonfire on the beach, singing, eating lots of cake and Christmas leftovers and, my personal favourite... home made gifts galore!

So - now that Christmas is over and most people have their gifts from me, I can share a little...

Firstly,

Olivia and I have known each other 10 years this year...

She's the kind of friend you only get once in a lifetime. The kind I don't know if most people ever get at all. I'm so truly lucky to know her.

For the last decade, Olivia's poor mother has put up with endless late night giggling, girls dying each other's hair at 3am and baking cookies at 6am and never once complained (at least, not to me). I LOVE her for it.
For my 21st, Mrs Pinnock made me this scarf... I think it's beautiful.



Olivia also gave me some exciting crafted presents... for Christmas she picked me up a handmade leather handbag which I love, and this cute little brooch made by a local artist.



As well as a completely amazingly beautiful original 1920s dresser set for my birthday which is too precious to unwrap and photograph right now.  


So... THIS is what I made for Olivia for her 21st... and I never knew fur could make me so angry at a sewing machine... but I very much like the result.



I think it looks mega cute on her.

For Christmas, I embroidered her a personal piece, that to my shame, didn't get finished in time... but it's still in the making, so I'll maybe share when it's done.

And... because she's the most important lady in my life, and we were both celebrating so much, I made her two extra special little gifts to ask her to be my chief bridesmaid. 
I forgot to take pictures before I gave them to her, so unless she sends me some, you'll have to make do with her reaction...


Happy New Year. Make it a great one =)

4 comments:

  1. and a happy New Year to you too...that scarf looks incredible btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to the year, my dear :) You did very well with your homemade Christmas. I personally think my apron is the best, but then I'm biased. Hehe.
    Thje fur collar looks so cute...Though I hope it's not real fur otherwise I will have to put your rabbit in a stew.
    xxx
    Wait, that doesn't work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIZ...you're a veggie. how does rabbit stew work?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to see you are spreading Nikki joy around the world. What a delightful blog, so heartwarming. Thanks for always being such a true friend to my Livvy. Bathrooms and kitchens can always be cleaned up afterwards but the memory of your girly giggling forever lingers!
    So pleased you liked the scarf - made with much love. Sounds like your New Year birthday adventure made even more wonderful memories for you.
    With much love, Liz (Olivia's Mum) XXX

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...