2/20/2011

Roses are red. So are mario mushrooms.

So I ordered all my findings to make brooches and hairslides and I have many MANY daisies of every colour of the rainbow laying around my room now, ready to be shared with the world.

But in the meantime I thought I should give another lovely flower a go...

I want to somehow add a false stem and have a little vase of felt roses. 
But I am as yet to figure out how.



I also decided today was the day to finally put one of my millions of hoarded jam jars to use... and I'm ALWAYS losing my pins and needles everywhere... so it seemed a good day for a good old jam jar pincushion.
I couldn't resist making it into a little mushroom. 

It does INSTANTLY get the Super Mario theme stuck in my head!
 I only have one more castle to go 'till I defeat Bowser for good. Ha!

I think it's pretty cute if I do say so myself... 

7 comments:

  1. For the flowers you could use florist wire wrapped in either a thick thread or a fine silk ribbon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flower!! I would use florists wire and green florists tape for the stem. U can get both on eBay I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh the mushroom is pretty cool! I really love the idea :)

    xoxo,
    Lily
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd love to see what you end up doing with that rose, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that mushroom pin jar is so cute! you did do a great job! i have one but no where as cute as yours! i really like it because i can store my thread in it too very handy!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the mushroom pin jar! Great use of old jars...totally cute AND functional too.

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...