3/27/2011

Things that made me smile this week...

This week has been a GOOD one...
I thought I'd take a minute to share the happiness.


1. 
On Monday, my fiancé Samm and I went to see the wedding reception venue we were to fall in love with.
It's beautiful and surrounded by fields and lakes and flowers! 
(...we don't have flowers in Hull)
It just happened to be the first real Spring day and we walked around the area hand in hand in the sunshine, and he picked these for me...


2.
This free-to-download e-book  by Michael Nobbs on getting into drawing as a habit. 
This made me laugh... It's so up my street. 
No theory, no nonsense, lots of love for tea.


3.
Last night, after a long day of work, I sat cross legged on the kitchen floor with my housemate (and almost sister-in-law) Liz and made three big trays of these cakes... just for the two of us... just because.
Do ignore the burned bit... it gives them character.


4. 
Checking my facebook, emails and everything else to find that my gorgeous friends have sent me countless links to wedding- related sites. Then reading through them all with a big mug of cherry tea.


5.
Fi Figueroa @ Previously Owned asking me if my little brooches are for sale. 
It was lovely to know that somebody wanted them to be =)
(and for the record - they will be... soon.)


6.This cover by Boyce Avenue and Kina Grannis...


7.
Getting tickets to go see THE SUBWAYS in June!!
I am TOO excited.
It will be the perfect celebration of the end of my degree.


Good times.




3 comments:

  1. Oh you're so cute! Congratulations on the wedding coming up! I'm adding myself to the countless links for the wedding hehe Here's one of my favorite sites to browse through [even though I'm as single as they come lol ..someday] anyways, here: http://www.utterlyengaged.com/
    Also, those cupcakes look delish!

    Thanks for the lovely mention! Hope you find tons of awesome ideas for the wedding.

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! About the wedding!! I was just wondering if you were going to turn this into a wedding blog? Despite the fact im not getting married I LOVE all the sites diy bride etc cuz i like making pretty things for my home!!

    I was wondering if you wanted some help with your blog as anytime i visit its all one colour (only today the shabby blogs bit showed up after ages loading :) ) so nevermind :p but if u still want help i can

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yay for wedding planning...one of my favorite things i have ever done in my life ♥ have you checked out oncewed.com super fabulous!

    AND i am such a kina grannis fan too!! love this vid. hope youre having a fabulous day girlie! thanks for stopping by xo

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...