4/11/2011

In the pipeline...

This weekend has been so wonderful =) 

My parents, and Samm's mum and little sister came to visit, 
and we got to show them our dream wedding reception venue... and they all loved it! 
So... we're pretty much waiting on a quote for Haggis 
(I love that I'm marrying into a Scottish family) 
and then we're going to put a deposit down!! Yay!
This would be the view from our wedding breakfast...



I also took my mum to our tiny local haberdashery, 
because she's where I get my love of all things pretty from. 
After passing judgement on every button in the place, we walked out with these beauties...


... and agreed that with half a dozen of each, each, 
we'll both make something(s) pretty and see what the other comes up with. 
I don't know what I have planned for them yet... Any ideas?

And I got to give Samm's little sister this little gift I made for her, and she says she loves it. 
Even the waiter at the restaurant we went to complimented her on her hair clip!

And to finish the whole weekend off perfectly... This morning, THIS arrived...


I'm really excited to have some time to try some of these projects out. 
It has everything from basic sewing techniques and "how to set up a crafting area" 
to handbags and aprons, to toys for your pets.

I also ordered Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat Pray Love" 
which I intend to read the MOMENT I've finished Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray" 
Has anyone else read either of these?
Springtime just isn't springtime without a good book.

6 comments:

  1. Very excited that you're booking your wedding venue! A year and a half is waaaay too long to wait! I may burst before then.

    Have you seen the film of Eat Pray Love? I wasn't impressed but I've heard great things about the book. I'm currently reading The Clothes on Their Backs by Linda Grant and I'm really loving it! We should do a book swap when we're both finished.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat, Pray, Love is so stinkin good... I read it before everyone started the hype about it. So much better than the movie!!! I think your reception spot looks heavenly.. very romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the place is so pretty! ha ha really scottish? that totally reminded me of the movie made of honor. hope you don't have any best friends like that... ha ha (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice buttons :) Can't wait to see what you and Bev come up with.
    I'm liking the new look, by the way :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little black hearts are so sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I need to get my hands on that Martha book! Looks like so much fun. Can't wait to see what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...