5/16/2011

Dear readers...

Am I the only one sad enough to be totally heartbroken at losing two days worth of comments after the blogger meltdown?
I feel like I lost an opportunity to say hello to lots of new people, and thank them for their encouragements. So to whoever those 7 or 8 people were who I never got the chance to get back to...
Hello and thank you!
(Plus selfishly, my most commented on blog post ever quickly became a post with just 1 little hello)

On a brighter note!!

I've been making a "graduate list" ...
Have I ever mentioned how much I love to make lists?
...of things I want to do once I graduate from University (which is scary soon)
A BIG thing on that list is to open a Folksy shop.
It's something I've been wanting to do for months now.

I have lots of beautiful friends and family all encouraging me endlessly,
but I feel I've also "met" some very smart and lovely people through this blog.

So... I would LOVE some advice from people who've been doing this longer than I...
or from people who have a Folksy or an Etsy already...
or from people like me who just love to shout about their opinions...


At this point, I stop to consider my question.
How's my blog doing?
Like my header?
Would you buy what I create?
Do I need to grow my blog more before launching a Folksy?
?

Do you know what... the floor is open... I have SO many questions for you... whoever you are...
So please - feel free to answer whatever it is you think I may be trying to ask.

Much obliged,

Nikki Joy x

PS. Thank you - for whatever kind words you may have given me before, for following me, or even taking the time to read this. You're lovely.

7 comments:

  1. nikki, thank you for passing by and for your lovely comment! :)

    i love the header, and i too am sad i lost some comments. i like using those like a door to meet a new person and start a blog-friendship.

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, i'm not sure if i wrote a comment that was lost - but i felt just the same about the comments to a post i wrote that got lost. it's a shame. well, here we go again. it's me, sylvia, from artsy ants. we have a giveaway over on our blog i thought you might like to join!
    http://artsyants.blogspot.com/2011/05/giveaway-custom-illustration-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya nikki! thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! i think yours is adorable! and no, sweets you were so not alone in the sadness over lost comments, i was wayy bummed on it!

    xo shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, so i don't have much advice... but i do think your blog is really cute! I like the layout a lot. p.s. how annoying was the blogger glitch???

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! graduation! so exciting! <3

    hope it's lovely :)

    love, polly :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a bit miffed as well, luckily I only lost the comments on one post but it does look a bit sad now with only 2 comments... oh well not the end of the world but I agree it was annoying!

    Regarding an etsy shop I don't have any experience since I don't have one, but for your blog I would recommend having a picture of yourself under "about me". Studies show that people are more likely read your blog and buy stuff when they see a human face first thing! I like your header but I think you should center it. Otherwise it's looking good! Hope this helps!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. heya, I just discovered your blog. looks like a happy place. I love lists too and am looking forward to reading yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...