9/27/2011

Where have I been?!

I'm the first to admit that "sorry I haven't posted in so long" posts are a little tedious...
So less of the apologising and more of the excellent reasons...
While I've been missing with no apparent explanation, I've been up to all sorts.

In between working a 42 hour week (which I am totally still not used to. I think my bed is starting to miss me)... 

1. I've moved into a beautiful new house that my friend Sarah has just bought. 
I've been up all hours of the night decorating and arranging, and planning beautiful things to adorn the walls with.
I'm going for a very white decor, which I know seems cliche, but after 3 years of mismatched student belongings, it feels nice and fresh, and a little more grown up.


2. I've been arranging a fundraiser event for Rape Crisis in my area. I'm SO excited for it. 
It's something I've wanted to do for the last few months, and it's finally getting off the ground.


3. I BOUGHT A NEW GUITAR!! 
I don't know if I can even begin to communicate how excited I am, 
but I'm really excited! (In case anyone should like to know... It's a Martin!!)


4. I'm going to visit my most wonderful friend this weekend in London to go to the National Wedding Show and to celebrate 10 years of friendship. She's just moved to London to be a fashion writer type. She's amazing and I cannot WAIT to see her!


5. I am finally reading Pride and Prejudice.
It's always bugged me that for someone who loves to read so much, 
I do't do so well on the classics,
so one of my 21 New Year's resolutions this year was to read 3 classic novels.
So far I'm Dorian Gray down (LOVED it), Pride and Prejudice on the go 
and trying to decide on number 3...
Any ideas?


And what's everyone else been up to in the last couple of weeks?
I have SO much online reading to catch up on =)

PS I have some GREAT wintery makes coming up...

5 comments:

  1. wow you have been a busy lady! so many great things though. the rape crisis fundraiser sounds amazing! wish i could go to support you and the cause! good luck sweetie, i know you will do well! oh pride and prejudice, one of my all time favorite stories, enjoy!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. How busy you've been! All worth it though I'm sure :) I can relate the the joys of a new guitar! I haven't played in such a long time, I'll have to dust it off now ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nikki,
    Thanks for your fabulous comment!!! First I was like 'aaww' cause it was soo sweet and then I laughed so much when it came to the end! :D

    All these things you've been up to sounds awesome! It must be great to have your own proper home, and that charity event you're doing sounds so great! And how fun to go to the wedding show! I'm going to one in Nov called the designer wedding show, lookinf forward!

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nikki just so you have a written version the classics i would recommend are:
    ~Emma
    ~Catch-22
    ~ The color purple (one of my favourites!)
    ~Ethan Frome
    ~Lord of the Flies
    :D i hope this may help your decision if you have not already made it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My (recently ex) boyfriend has a Martin and I've seen him and all his musician friends drool all over it, so I know you've made a good choice! Is there a link to your music anywhere online? I'm curious!

    Personally, I find Austen hard to read. Have you read any Dickens? He's actually hilarious and the characters are irresistible. I would start with a story you vaguely know already though, like Oliver Twist or A Christmas Carol. I'm currently crawling my way through War and Peace, after a few trusted reccommendations - it's ridiculously long but it's actually very readable and has made me laugh a couple of times! I started at the beginning of October, so I'm timing myself to see how long it takes me :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...