1/05/2012

21 things I did and didn't do...

Happy New Year!

As New Year is also my birthday, 
every year I make a pretty big thing of reflecting on the previous year 
and setting new goals for the year ahead.

Last year I set myself 21 new years resolutions to achieve while being 21.

Now I hold my hands up and say I didn't manage them all, 
but I'm very proud of the ones I did.
Some of which included...


I got my first full time job.

I went to an art class to learn to love drawing again.


I started playing guitar again, and even performed a couple of times...
...at my brother's wedding. One of the best days of my whole year.

I started making things on a regular basis and trying out new skills.

I organised a fundraiser for Rape Crisis
and raised over £700!

I graduated from University with a First Class Honours Degree in Psychology with Counselling.


And I learnt to not let the little things bring me down.

Corny thought that may be, it was a pretty great year for me =)

And... it's finally the year that I get married!!

Now... what's everybody got planned for 2012??

7 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had a fab year! How exciting to be planning your Wedding, congrats! I just have lots of craftiness planned and to just spend time with the hub and kids - awww! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! I love the your "home" stitching! :) it's beautiful!!!!

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all that you've accomplished! You certainly have a lot to be proud about! Here's to an amazing 2012 for both of us! *raises virtual champagne glass*

    I have a couple of goals for 2012, but my biggest one is to figure out this work/life/mommy balance. So far, I'm doing okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday!!! and congratulations on your achievements you really deserve them all... you are so intelligent, talented and a really beautiful young woman, i admire you so much!!! following you now... hope you could visit my blog too.. kissess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you performed with your music! I have a secret phobia of singing in public which at some point I want to tackle.. :p

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (late) birthday! How cool is it that it's on New Years? :) I give you kudos for playing your guitar in front of strangers. One of my 2012 goals is to learn how :)

    cute blog! Loving your header.

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...