2/11/2012

2012 NYR #2: Keep an art journal

So I mentioned in a recent post that my brain's all a bit out of focus lately, 
and that I've been struggling to control my butterfly mind.
I put this down, in part, to the fact that everything in life is just so exciting right now 
and I'm a little like a kid in a candy shop... which is a great way to feel, but focus is good too.

So I thought February would be the perfect time to get serious about one of my 
2012 New Year's Resolutions...
To keep an art journal.

So many people seem to be doing this right now, 
so I figured there must be something to be said for it!
where she's always sharing her recent art journal pages,
and Claire of Heart Handmade UK seems to have caught the fever for it lately too.
I adore both of these ladies' style, and I couldn't help but feel inspired to keep a more organised log of my thoughts and scribbles and whatnot.

Here's a few pages I've been creating...

 Hello 2012. A year for growth, joyfulness and getting married

 What I have learnt...
A list of reflections on the last 12 months and what 2011 taught me about myself
(forgive me for not sharing, but I decided an art journal should really still be a journal... and we all know better than to peek in a girl's journal!)

...A big question.

"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey and enjoy every idle hour"

Anyone else art jounalling this year? 
I'd love to see.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I am really trying to keep up with my "Line A Day" journal, which makes it easier since you only need to capture the day in a line and makes it easier to keep up with and so far, I've done so every day in 2012! However, I love the idea of an art one since I love drawing and being creative...thank you for this lovely thought!

    Also, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog and for stopping by...so happy it made you smile, your comment did that for me! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind has felt the same way lately. You're right, I think too much excitement has a hand in that! I picked up a sketch pad to get back into that probably in November. I kept up with it pretty well, until the new year. You have a real gift for drawing trees and branches, by the way! Good luck with your journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art journals are so inspiring to me. I've never kept once because I over-think that sort of thing but I love seeing what others have come up with. It was so nice to get a peek at what you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are beautiful! I never keep up with art journals.. I wish I could :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...