2/05/2012

Ever had one of those weeks when you can't decide what to make...?

So you just make it all!

For some reason I am totally without creative focus at the moment.
I feel the urge to sew and paint and draw and sing and cook, 
and more often than not, all I end up making is a mess in the process of getting out everything at once!
(my poor fiance has threatened me with binning a good proportion of my art supplies before we live together... then again, he still genuinely thinks he's won the "we're not having a craft room" argument!)

So in my total lack of focus, 
here's a bit of what's emerged from my scatter brained processes...

 I decided it was about to time to get started on some Springtime creations,
I got these pretty bows made...
then it decided to snow all weekend.
Springtime focus destroyed.

So I thought I'd some cute handmade buttons...
Here's the one I ended up making before getting distracted.

Around this moment I figured it was time for a more skilled project, 
So I made myself a little glasses pouch from a fat quarter I've been wondering what to do with.
I quite like this little guy, but I only had the one snapper element, 
so again, I'm back to my butterfly-brained mess-making.

On a bright note though, it has inspired me to fulfill my NYR to keep an art journal,
it's a great thing to try if you've never done one before, 
it's one small way to keep my mind all in one place... for a little while.

What do you do to still your mind?


4 comments:

  1. oh you should make more of those buttons! so cute to swamp them out and put on a cute cardigan!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit of a craft butterfly too - always flitting from one craft to the next! It is what I enjoy though and makes me happy :) Love your makes, the bows are so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been so busy lately that i've too lost focus. it's been hard to sit and do one thing without venturing into something else, even the simple things like reading a document. I think you did great things though, i love the button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping a journal and making lists help to still my mind. I am a bit of a multi crafter also, and I have many projects sot to start at the moment. Better too many than too few, right?

    :-) Anita

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...