3/14/2012

2012 NYR #3 - Take time to relax

My Wednesdays (my day off from my full time job) are currently divided up between working as a women's crisis counsellor, volunteering for a charity supporting the victims of crime, taking driving lessons, and of course, planning my wedding!

I love all all these things and wouldn't give up any of them if you paid me,
but I promised myself at the start of this year that I would give myself more time to myself.

Today, between seeing clients, perfecting my 3 point turn and booking bridal shop appointments, 
I got just the nudge I needed when I saw this message from Starbucks floating around the internet...

"Nowadays everything seems a little impersonal. That's why from now on we're going to refer to you as your folks intended -- by your name. So come in and introduce yourself and we'll introduce you to a free Tall latte, Wednesday March 14th, until noon. We'll get to know you and you'll get to know our new latte -- now crafted with an extra shot of espresso."

...Why Starbucks, I don't mind if I do!

So I snuck out of the office for an hour at lunch and took myself on a little coffee date,
just me, a great book and some much needed time doing nothing.

They even wrote my name on it!

I don't know if it was inspiration from reading "The Gift" (amazing, by the way),
the impact of allowing myself to enjoy my own company,
or the extra shot of espresso...
but I've really been enjoying working on some ideas 
for Wild Olive's Stitch Swap I'm taking part in.

This may or may not be my final piece for it... 
I like it as a simple piece, but I think I want to do something more... something.

My plan is to keep stitching until the posting deadline and then send her my favourite... 

I hope everyone's having as lovely a week as I am.

3 comments:

  1. I love it - I'd stick with that one if I were you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when life works out like that?

    Well, if you find you have the motivation to do so, I would to see what you could come with with for the 2012 Earth Day Craft Challenge. That said... sounds like you have a lot on your plate. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please pass the word along.

    Thank you

    http://steepingtea.blogspot.com/2012/03/earth-day-craft-challenge-2012.html

    P.S. LOVE the embroidery, makes me miss the Pacific North West!

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...