4/04/2012

A crafty gift in the mail...


I recently took part in Wild Olive's Stitch Swap - my first ever craft swap, 
and I was so excited to be a part of something so wide and varied as a stitch swap for which the only rule was that you create something within a 4" embroidery hoop.

Yesterday I got home from work to see a big old overseas mail package on my doormat,
all the way from Pennsylvania.



I am so impressed by this handsome chap! 
And I completely love that Corley broke the one rule and did me a 5" hoop,
because after all, isn't art all about breaking the rules?


She even wrote me this sweet little note and included a little gift of a pair of earrings
(which I'm unsure if they're handmade too, but either way, so nice of her!)


Sadly she didn't leave me a link to her blog if she has one, 
but if you end up reading this Corley...
Thank you!




12 comments:

  1. Oooh lucky you, these are gorgeous!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.

    Send Gift to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore peacocks and that is indeed one fine specimen, Lucky you! Love the ear-rings too, they are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy batman that is amazing! it is so well done and soo freakin cute! lucky you!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it's so beautiful, you scored! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!

    Thanks for coming by my little blog space and leaving your sweet comment regarding my felt butterfly magnets. I figured you came via CraftGawker, but I was happy to see Wild Olive's stitch swap here...I participated too! Sometimes the blogosphere is a bit smaller than I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you liked the hoop!

    I'm sure the earings are "homemade" I got them at a craft fair.

    I might have giggled excessively to see something I made on someone elses blog. Very happy you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that peacock is stunningly beautiful! what an amazing swap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful! Great name by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...