5/26/2012

I want to ride my bicycle...

For a while now, I've been eyeing up peoples' bicycles as they pass me by, 
admiring girls in their cute (yet practical) bike ride outfits,
and knowing that this pay day was going to be time for a two-wheeled investment...


...Isn't she beautiful!!

Samm is a mad keen biker but I actually haven't ridden a bike properly since I was about 10, 
so this is an adventure for me. 
When the man at the shop asked me if I wanted to take her for a ride, 
I had to sternly tell him not to laugh 
(which he did anyway!)

One of my biggest driving (cycling) forces in my desire to get some wheels has been the beautiful blog The Citybirds Nest where the lovely cb often shares her little biking adventures.
I just had to see what all the fuss was about!

Does anybody else cycle? Any tips?
I'm already having little panic moments of 
"can I really carry off helmet hair at this age?", 
"what if I can't remember how to put the chain back on when it comes off?", 
"how do girls stay decent when they wear skirts on a bike?"

I'm off for a bike ride and a picnic on Wednesday to celebrate Samm's last deadline of his course, 
Here's hoping the sun stays out until then.

Have a gorgeous weekend.

5 comments:

  1. How cool! I love riding my bike...great exercise and such fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She is perfect! When i first started riding i found it was best to try put different things to see what worked for me. I woikd first go find yourself some spandex type shorts to wear under skirts and dresses. I find that works the best and i dont feel embarassed when my skirt blows up. When you were your helmet just fluff up your hair when u take it off or find out what style feel comfortable under your helmet. Braids and low pigtails were for me. Cant wait to hear all about your experience!
    Xo,cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bike! I used to ride a bike in Berlin but in NYC as well as now in London I am too scared off the traffic.
    I am planning to buy one again when we live in Sydney and am already excited.
    It's amazing, keep syou fit, saves the planet, saves travel expenses and is quick too. Have fun with your new bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're wearing a skirt, just wear some shorts underneath. I got some cotton/spandex blend shorts that are long enough to cover everything, but not so long that they stick out when I'm walking around, even in a short skirt. It's great that you've gotten back into riding. It can be a little tough if you haven't ridden since you were a kid, but you know what they say about riding a bike...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love your new bike! I have a yellow vintage Schwinn but I fell off of it last summer and haven't gotten back on since because I'm too afraid!! Haha, but I will, eventually...

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...