6/24/2012

Art journalling update

Since deciding to start keeping a journal at the start of the year,
I've had some real ups and downs in terms of inspiration.
Yet when I stop to flick back through the last 6 months, it's lovely to be able to see a documentation of some of the great moments that have built my year so far.

From the more abstract loved up feeling days that can only be expressed in a shower of rainbow hearts...

... to the more literal sketches of my day-to-day routines. 

And of course the day dreams of being able to sack off the office and go somewhere on my bicycle.


And... I've found a lovely book for those totally uninspiring days.
I often find "prompts" a little predictable, and I never wanted to keep an art journal to produce my copy of what everyone else is also doing. 
But the other day I was rummaging through the bookshelves of one of my favourite stores, 
and found a beauty! 
It's a book with the most horrifically cheesy childish looking cover (but we all know what they say about judging books by their covers) so I had a little flick through, and here's some of what can be found inside "Creative Scribbles"...

I love the mixture of freedom, specific suggestions and thought-provoking quotes. 
Can't wait to get my markers on this one!

I'm also pretty keen on getting hold of at least one of Kerri Smith's books... 
does anybody else have them?
They look so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of that book you found - what's it called? I recently bought 'Living Out Loud' by Keri Smith, just starting to work my way through some it now. It's fun - encourages you to play & not take everything 'creative' so seriously. Definitely worth a look!

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...