6/09/2012

Saturdays are for baking fudge brownies *RECIPE*

This morning I passed my driving theory test... hoorah!
Which means that I can theoretically drive, I guess.

So what better way to celebrate than with the chocolatiest fudgiest tastiest thing I know how to bake...

You will need...

12 oz sugar
6 oz flour
6 oz cocoa powder
3 eggs
6 oz melted butter
(and a teensy pinch of salt if you haven't got salted butter)
 4 fudge bars (as in the little 20p bars you used to love as a kid... 
except they were 10p back then...)

NB. Sorry about the imperial... my mum raised me proper.
Also... take these measurements more as guidelines than anything solid... 
I tend to throw piles of ingredients in a bowl that look kind of the right amounts.

1. Sieve the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt into a big old bowl.

2. Add the eggs and melted butter.

3. Stir by hand until it's all a beautifully even consistency.

4. Chop your fudge bars into little chunks and mix in.

5. Pour the mixture into a baking paper lined dish and 
pop in the oven for 20 mins at about 160deg C.
(my poor old oven only really has "hot" or "off"... so this is a bit of a guess.
Best keep an eye on them just in case!

6. Slip your brownie slab onto a cooling rack... 
Attempt to resist eating all at once while still all warm and gooey.
Chop up into tasty chunks and make yourself a cuppa!


This recipe would be just as beautiful with other goodies in place of fudge pieces. 
I'm planning on trying chopped up Mars bars, walnuts, Maltesers...

Let me know if you give these a go.

Happy Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. i want to eat them all!!!!!!!!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, these look gorgeous, if only I wasn't trying to shrink in to a dress I made:)

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, corgrats on passing your theory test!!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on passing your driving test! Those brownies look amazing. I was raised on imperial measures too which has actually come in rather handy since moving to the US seeing nothing is metric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I remember when I was learning to drive. GAH! Stressful. I understand. Brownies are duly needed after all that stuff. Looks DELICIOUS! Will have to bake some around Christmas and Halloween and decorate them accordingly. I LOVE baked goods around the cozier holidays :) Yes I think Halloween is a cozy holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something...